torsdag 5 februari 2009

Blue and Green things


I was surprised when we arrived to Fogo and a man with blue eyes appeared.
Almost everyone I saw at Fogo had lighter skin, lighter hair, and some had blue eyes.

And all this because of the excentric "Duke of Montrand"
He came To Fogo from France 1872.
He loved the Island and stayed.


It says he had three wifes and at least 11 children. He has 300 descendants just in the US.
(From: "Cape Verde Islands", Aisling Irwin Colum Wilson)





lovely relaxed newspaperreading














Green wall Fogo








just another lovely wall

5 kommentarer:

  1. now that you're writing in english, all your friends gonna get mad at you... but me!! :-)

    SvaraRadera
  2. fina bilder ankan. o självklart får du länka, tack;)

    SvaraRadera
  3. Intressanta foton. och bilder säger ju ofta mer än tusen ord. klart du får länka, jag kan utbyta det om du vill...kram

    SvaraRadera
  4. Pedro :-) maybe I will write more in english. I think it´s ok to my friends. I have some more ones that dont speak swedish so .. it´s nice if they could read also..

    Emma: Tack gulliga söta du!

    Sophie: Tack! ja, gärna. =)

    SvaraRadera
  5. niiiiice!!
    (the other "niiice comment" is in the wrong place) :-)
    kiss.

    SvaraRadera